Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Unity Tutorial 06

Unity Tutorial 06 - Catherine Emelyanova


In this weeks Unity Tutorial we had to create a prototype, here we work on different topics such as animation, Sounds and other effects. This is all done using Unity's Physics Engine.

Sprite Render
The sprite render is a tool that allows you to use/modify images within your game. What I like about this is you can use it when creating 2D GAMES. Using the sprite render, I added a pre-rendered background.

Scripts

When following the tutorial I do keep encountering the same issue of the scripts folder acting up. I have been fixing it for a bit. After this it was time to work on getting this character to move and jump.  I ran into a problem for a while were something was not working within the script. At first it was telling me that it my scripts were not in the correct folder. After some time of digging through each folder and checking each asset within the folder, I finally found that within my actual script there was a tag that was not closed. After I sorted it, the game began to work again. So from now on in future I will always be careful and check through my coding regularly.

That is all I had for today. It is not a lot but it works nicely.
Thank you all for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment