Thursday, February 27, 2020

Unity Tutorial 05

Unity Tutorial 05

Hello all!

This week in Unity Tutorials is all about adding coding to your players.

Coding

To make the characters that we had added previously to move, it required a bit of coding. To do this coding was done in Visual Studio. Following the tutorial was easy. It went over how to get assets and it was all convenient.

When coding I struggeled with getting the script to work with some assists, such as the character. For some reason there may be something in my code that I may have inputted wrong. I went back to check, however I could not find the solution. I did ask for help of someone to see where I could have made any errors. fortunately they were able to fix it. It was due to the fact that my PlayerController file was placed in the wrong folder. I somehow created two copies of this player controller file in Unity, therefor I had to go back through my folders, to find the second script and to delete it. After this my code started to work properly and then I could move around my character like in the Unity Tutorial.

Over all its a nice tutorial, however it would be nice if they could mention these errors that you could potentially run into.

Thank you all for reading
Please leave any comments if you feel there is something I could improve on.

No comments:

Post a Comment