Thursday, September 26, 2019

Introduction to the Hobbies of a University Student

Introduction to the Hobbies of a University Student


Free university image

University can be very stressful, especially when trying to meet deadlines on time. Having hobbies while in college can be very beneficial for your stress and overall mental health. This is because when you are stressed it is difficult to concentrate and a lot of the time stress prevents students from reaching their potential.

It is important to have hobbies in college. When starting college it can be intimidating for many students. A way to help with that is making a group of friends with common interests.You may discover new things about a topic you have in common. Many colleges have clubs that students can join. For example, there are sport teams to join, different society's such as the anime clubs, music, religion, art, photography and many more. Clubs and Society's can be found on many colleges websites.

Having hobbies outside of college is important. Many University Students have hobbies that would relate to their field of study. Digital media students for example, tend to use a lot of what they learn in class for their own projects. Digital media students a lot of skills that can be applied to social media such as creating websites, making videos or even doing design pieces using the tools from college. It is a fun and interesting hobby to have, whats better is that you can start to market your work.
Here is a link to my gaming blog post where I discuss my favorite game.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=3564678069891267087#editor/target=post;postID=5537657111503368570;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=2;src=postname

Hobbies can lead to your career goals. The majority of peoples goals stems from their hobbies and interests. Finding a hobby that you really enjoy and that you can keep doing for a long time is always good for when you are searching for a job. It shows you are passionate and dedicated.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Catherine, I like the look and style of your blog particularly the use of lavender and purple. I think you are spot on about University and the stresses involved. Meeting deadlines for me personally is a stressful time indeed and has caused me problems myself. I like the use of the graduation image it is very effective and inspiring at capturing everyone's attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Catherine,

    This is a really well put together blog. I really love how this post isn't just an introduction to of yourself but also somewhat of a guide for others students about the stresses of college. You're really on point about the stress of it and you're right about having hobbies to help. I hope this year goes well for you and I look forward to reading more of your blog. :)

    -Nathan Harte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Castro, Mao here from the Bolshevik Party,
    Your blog is quite genuine. Some people just don't have the time and energy to do anything outside of college let alone their hobbies. But I appreciate your effort in encouraging people to pursue hobbies of their own. A nice message in general. Hope you have a great semester!

    -Zhen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathrine
    This was an interesting blog post to read.I find it to be a relatable on how stressful college can be especially when you are trying to balance your hobbies with it. It's something everyone in college can relate to. I like how you stress how important hobbies are and they can help with a career choice.
    jamie gannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Catherine!
    I absolutely agree with you on this point. Hobbies are probably the best thing to have happened to me. Ive been doing ballet for 5 years and people expected me to drop out when uni started but nope, still going strong. How are you finding the hobbies vs college and work life balance?

    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Catherine!

    I really enjoyed reading your introduction because not only was it very interesting, but also quite inspiring to students who may suffer from dealing with the stresses of everyday life in college. It's great that you can implement your hobbies into your college work too, I'd say that is so therapuetic when it comes to dealing with stress, as it's like you're having fun while completing assignments.

    I look forward to reading more!

    BLC Blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well a good day to you Catherine!

    I must say that after reading your introduction blog I must say that i know you a lot better then I may have known before. I can truly understand that we always need a hobby to have on the sidelines as if you don't...... then I guess that a lot of nonsense happens (I should know that most definitely). But yeah it is important to have some time to yourself when you know that you can be overwhelmed with a lot of stuff. I look forward to reading more of your blogs.

    Cheerio!!!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete