Friday, September 27, 2019

My Thoughts on the Class Assignments


Class Assignments 

For my Multimedia module, I will be given assignments every week on different days. These assignments will be leading up to our final project, which is developing a 3-D game, using the software Unity 3-D.
Readings
The readings that we have been provided are to give information about how to use Unity 3-D. The readings will also be part of the lectures to help clear any confusion and to ask questions to the lecturer.


Unity 3-D
Unity 3-D is a game engine that is used to create various styles of games such as 2-d, 3-D, VR etc. 
Personally, I am excited to be creating 3-D games, I played many 3-D games growing up. Some of my favourite game developers are Square Enix, Bioware, Sega, Nintendo and Sony.
To use Unity we will have tutorials sent to us. These will gives us a start in getting use to the tools and how to use different techniques. 

Blog Comments 
After our assignments each week, in class we have to read each others blogs and provide them with feedback. Doing this helps ourselves get inspiration from each other. Not only from the topics, but how to layout the blog.

Project
For our project, every week we will be doing something towards our final project. For the start of the project, we are required to brainstorm ideas for what the game is going to be. This will include doing research, learning about games that we have an interest in, coming up with our own ideas etc.

Project Feedback
Every week in class, students will provide each other with feedback about the game being created in Unity. This is useful when making the game as you can learn more from each other and understand how to criticise work.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Catherine,
    I really think that you are doing good so far because the layout of this website blog is amazing makes me wish I didn't go for a simple theme myself. I believe that you have an eye for creativity and you should use it in your assignment or future games that you choose to make or brainstorm on.

    ReplyDelete