Thursday, November 14, 2019

Unity Free Tutorials



Unity Free Tutorials
Image result for free unity image
Introduction
In this week's Unity Tutorials, we are required to search for our own tutorials that suit our game ideas. I really enjoyed searching for a tutorial that suits my game as the kind of game style I am going for is similar to Sonic the hedgehog and Temple Run.

Essentially my game is about the "player", running through a dungeon, collecting items and fighting enemies throughout until the final level. At the end of each level, there will be boss battles, which determine if you can continue the game.

As you are running through the game you will collect objects such as coins, to purchase items such as healing and mana potions. And the coins are also used to level up your character.

Within the dungeon, you must make your way through the obstacles and to avoid contact with them.

To design this game I have found a tutorial on Youtube to help guide me into creating the game. The video is called "Creating A game like Temple Run in Unity". When watching this tutorial, I didn't really find it helpful. The Youtuber was speaking a different language and their game was way more advanced than anything I could do.

Unity Tutorial for my Game


Instead, I found a new tutorial that showed you how to make the same style of game that I am going for.

This series I do find easier to follow rather than the JimmyVegas Tutorials. These tutorials by KINGBEKIR are very simplified and do not feel so rushed. I like how the tutorials begin with using basic shapes and showing how the gameplay will turn out.



I hope some of yous found this helpful. Please comment if you have any suggestions for my game, always appreciated.

Thank you all for reading
Catattack

No comments:

Post a Comment