Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Games GDD



Games GGD by Catherine Emelyanova (aka lilcatattack99✊)

Introduction

For this week's readings, they are based on the topic of  'Design'. One being "Design Considerations" and the other called "The Early Stages of the Design Process". For this assignment, I will be providing my thoughts on the articles. I will also include the link to the articles and links for any images included in this reading.

Design Considerations

Upon reading the first paragraph, I agree with the statement "One of the things I really enjoy about games is their physical presentation. I'm much more likely to enjoy one that has had a lot of thought put into the design of its box, rules, and components." Design visuals are a staple for creating a great, re-playable game. The visuals and artwork are what trigger the player's emotions. Getting them to purchase the game. A game that doesn't come with a well-designed box and components, are the ones people can forget about. I do not mean all people won't find a game with no artwork unappealing. But for the majority of game consumers, the aesthetics are very important. It gives the game style, color, warmth and its more intriguing.

The Box
Image result for final fantasy x box art
As I mentioned, the box is really the component to a great game. The reading states that viewing the image at the back of the box is not a good way of learning what the game is about. Personally, I disagree with this statement. 
For this example, I will be referring to the box art and story-line for Square Enix's, Final Fantasy X.
I did write about this game for those who are interested, here is a link to the blog post.

My reasons are as follows:
1. The back of the box usually has some sort of paragraph that gives the player insight into what will be within the game. As you can see at the top left of the Final Fantasy X box.
2. The box also indicates the art-style that is being used in the game. Which as stated previously, attracts players, as they see what sort of visuals will be in the game.

I hope you enjoyed my blog post. Id really appreciate feedback and any comments you may have about my blog or post. Thank you all for taking the time to read my blog. Enjoy the rest of your week. - Catherine




No comments:

Post a Comment