Friday, October 18, 2019

Unity Tutorial 03

Unity Tutorial


Image result for unity free image
For this weeks Unity Tutorials, we were assigned to create a clock using Unity. The clock had to be set in current time. For this week there was a video uploaded by the channel "Cat Like Coding". From them we watched the video and did the same steps that were required in making the clock.

Following the Unity tutorial made it a lot easier to work with. As I do still have trouble with using Unity. I feel doing these tutorials have been helping me a lot. Now Unity feels like its getting easier.

Difficulties

The tutorial was not so hard, however there were a few things that were difficult. Sometimes when positioning objects they can go off a bit and not be so accurate. Especially when using the arrows to move around your game objects. A way that has been helping me with that is the "transform" tab. For this tutorial this was one of the most important components to making the clock. When placing the hand and times, they had to be very accurately placed on the clock.

The coding was also difficult. It was a bit hard to do, however I feel coding is something that anyone can improve on. So I wouldn't worry too much about not understanding it now. I t is a good idea to practice coding in Unity.

Other than that, it was a fun little exercise. It was difficult, but I think getting the difficult parts done early is important as when you go to do it again, you will find it much easier. So from this weeks tutorial I have learned to practice more Unity in my free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment